Okay. So I’m still working on editing my London pictures ’cause I took tons. Be patient with me okay? 🙂 Anyhow, a little update of my Easter vacation.. with food! I spent most of the time chilling in my house, munching snacks, doing some work (prolly like 10% of my time. so unproductive I know), read cooking blogs and did some late night baking. Found this recipe for a Ferrero Rocher cake, gave it a twist and the final product looks like something served as dessert in hotels.
Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Cake
INGREDIENTS : (serves 3)
- 5 Eggs
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups Ground nuts
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Instant coffee powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 200 g Butter, at room temp cut into cubes
- Chocolate chips
- 7 tbsp Nutella
- 1 cup Wafers
- 6 Ferrero Rocher
- 1/2 cups Almond flakes
- Whisk eggs with sugar until they are three times in volume, light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder. Mix in with ground nuts.
- Using spatula, fold in dry ingredients by thirds, be very gentle and don’t over mix
- Butter all sides of the baking dish, pour batter into the dish. Bake at 250C for about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine Nutella sauce together with the butter cubes.
- Whisk together on a double boiler. (Or microwave for 10 second incraments and stir well)
- If the tempurature is too high, put the mixture into the freezer for awhile and whisk again.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Spread half of the chocolate cream on top of the cake evenly
- Break wafers into small pieces, sprinkle wafers over the cream.
- Spread on the rest of the chocolate cream. Sprinkle another layer of wafers over the cream.
- Decorate outside of the cake with almond flakes.
- Slice ferrero rocher candy in half and place it on the cake . Slice the cake up and serve!
Try out the receipe! It totally worth the waiting. The whole thing is just so nutty, coffe and chocolatey… #nomnom# it’s like one mega huge ferrero rocher 😀 Other things I made in the past few weeks…
Something healthy : Tortilla meatball salad, Feta cheese salad, Hightea sandwiches, Stuffed bell pepper, Grilled salmon, Beefy shitaki barley soup, Japanese soba noodle
Some carbs : Full english breakie, Korean tteokbokki, Hasselback potatoes, Pasta bake, Pesto gnocchi, Pesto pizza (so into pesto for a week), Tortilla pizza
To cure my sweet tooth : French toasts, Pancake, Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, Mini scones, Choco chips cookie w/ salted caramel sauce, Strawberry jello cheesecake, Greek yogurt peanut butter dip, Hot Chocolate w/ whipped cream, Rose milktea.
Woah.. I’m glad that I haven’t gained much weight 😉