Just finished re-watching the movie In Time (2011). Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried were the main actors. I remember loving it the first time I watched it. The reason I picked the movie was totally because of Justin Timberlake. I think he’s quite good in acting. And tbh even if he’s no good in acting I’ll still watch his movies just for that face 😀 I remember his other movie Friends with Benefits (2011) with Mila Kunis was in cinema at similar time and it became one of my favourite romance movies (btw both actresses’ huge, almond-shape eyes are gorgeous). This is my second time watching the movie In Time and I still love it. I love every single outfits worn by Sylvia Weis (aka Amanda’s character). And Alex Pettyfer‘s accent omg. I also love the leather outfits of Cillian Murphy, esp the long leather coat which reminded me of the movie series Blade. First of all, I absolutely love the concept of the movie which was using time as the currency.
I love lace. I love its sheerness. I love its subtle boldness. I love how it covers up yet shows a little. ASOS offers a variety of lacey items which are effortless to match. I like to keep it minimlist. Black & white as the colour base, with some nude-coloured/metallic accessories. This is a selection of my hand-picked items …
- JARLO | Kate maxi dress lace halter neck, £90
- ASOS | Hit It Off heel sandals, £35
- GOGO PHILIP | Gold leaf bracelet , £10
- NEW LOOK | Lace twist lock clutch, £12.99
- NICHE | Allover lace shift dress , £85
- ASOS | Hell Raiser heeled sandals, £45
- NARS | Sheer lipstick in Flamenco, £18.5
- ASOS | Woven cami w/ lace neckline, £15
- ASOS | High waist denim mom shorts in Light wash, £28
- ASOS | White wisdom leather high sandals, £60
- WAREHOUSE | Two bar necklace, £12
- GLAMOROUS | Swing cami top in Floral lace, £16
- ASOS | Culotte shorts w/ lace hem, £18
- ASOS | Amigo Leather ankle boots, £60
- ORELIA | Free spirit drop earrings, £12
- ASOS | Cropped cami top in lace, £12
- ASOS | Half Penny heeled sandals, £45
- EMMA COOK | Velvet track pants, £138
- NARS | Satin lipstick, £18
- ASOS | Vest with lace insert, £20
- ASOS | Supposed heels, £17.5
- ASOS | Shorts with scallop hem, £20
- ASOS | Clutch bag w/ hinge frame and front zip, £15
- WAL G | Lace Insert Blouse, £18
- ASOS | Praise High heels, £45
- ASOS | Leather clutch bag w/ 3D effect, £35
- ASOS | Shorts w/ pleat detail, £25
- ASOS | Lace insert peplum cami top, £20
- ASOS | High waist shorts in abstract print, £30
- ASOS | Mini boxy bowlor bag, £13.5
- ASOS | Perrie Leather heeled monk shoes, £55
- ASOS | Top w/ drape neck and lace up sleeves, £36
- ASOS | Lace floral tights, £4.5
- ASOS | Tailored shorts w/ PU trim, £20
- ASOS | Midnight Leather monk shoes, £50
- JOHNNY LOVES ROSIE | Baguette Surround Drop Earring, £20
Till next time! : )
I was doing online window shopping and stumble upon Free People‘s website. Notice that they are doing sale now, even though their style is not really my thing, I still found some nice items perfect for a wardrobe’s spring makeover.
The dark series…
- Free People | We The Free Batik Festive Tee in charcoal, £39.95
- Free People | We The Free Swing Time Tee, £24.95
- Free People | Wallflower Peplum Top in black, £39.95
The pure series …
- Free People | We The Free Batik Festive Tee in ivory, £39.95
- Free People | Must Have Been Top, £59.95
- Free People | Shell Bell Top in ivory, £39.95
- Free People | Wallflower Peplum Top in tea, £39.95
The boho style …
- Free People | Some Kind Of Magic Top in blush, £59.95
- Levis | 505 Bombshell Boyfriend Jeans, £129.95
- Jeffrey Campbell x Free People | Magic Heel, £79.95
The military party style …
- Free People | Keep Us Together Jacket, £39.95
- Free People | Mesh Crop Seamless Bra, £24.95
- Free People | About Girl Tutu Mini in white, £39.95
Till next time!
I’m really not a big fan of the current sporty trend in fashion. I’m never the trainers-and-beanie style. I personally hate running plus I don’t go to gym often. If I’m asked to pick any item I like that represents the sport trend, I would definitely say it’s sweatshirt.
One thing I like the most about sweatshirts is the simplicity. Usually words, slogan or logos printed right at the centre. Bold & simple. It represents the owner. Whenever I walk on streets and see people wearing sweatshirts, I believe the owners must have seen those sweatshirts while shopping, thinking “Ah-ha! that’s totally me!” and then ended up getting them back home.
I still remember the first time I fell in love with sweater was when I saw this sweatshirt that adopts a song title of the Korean singer, G Dragon.
Recently I’m really into minimalist style. Black and White. Metallic. Simple two-toned design is simply perfect.
A must-have item for this spring/summer is definitely heeled sandals w/ ankle straps! With all the different textures (croc, leather, suede, plastic, lace, etc.) or other small details (like embellished, studs, zips, cut-outs, etc.), they simply go with any style. Whether you want to be sporty, chic, sophisticated, edgy, flamboyant, attention-seeking, etc etc, strap sandals make it effortless to match the outfit.
Different from the floral-and-refreshing feeling that Spring usually give us, many designers or brands like Rag & Bone, Chloe, Zara presented varying choices of chunky-heeled sandals. Style with oversized blazer/cardigan and boyfriend jeans, you can have a more boyish look. Want to be sporty? Wear them with caps or baseball jacket. Try to pair the strap wedges with jumpsuits to create a more edgy and neat style.
There are also other options for spring/summer lovers who adore different colours!
Okay. Firstly, I know I’ve been abandoning this blog for ages. (╥﹏╥)
Argh! I always swear to myself that I’ll blog more regularly but somehow I’m always so busy with school stuffs and other stuffs blah blah blah. I know they are excuses I KNOW. I always have things that I want to share but you know what? It really takes a long time for me to finish a post ’cause this isn’t like twitter to me. I don’t just type a few words, add a photo and then press enter. This is a place where I share little pieces of my life and I take it seriously. I usually do lots of research before I type every single post, especially posts about fashion. And if you have read my first ever post on this blog (just in case you didn’t, it’s here), one of the purposes of having sweet little paradise is to train my English writing skills, so I also spend a lot of time on proofreading and checking vocabs. So okay, anyway, here I am posting things again \(´▽`)/ ”
I was doing online shopping again while reading others’ blogs, as usual, and then I come across with this very unique brand, RIANNA PHILLIPS. Her career began as a freelance print designer and she designs her very original digital prints. Her own luxury label was launched in 2011. I immediately fell in love with the pastel, contrasting colours.
Hey guys! Finally I stopped being lazy and decided to post again! I’m always to lazy have new post ’cause I have too much ideas going on in my brain and I just can’t decide what to blog about. Originally I thought of talking about my favourite style for this summer, but then today I woke up and found that some items of the Mango Fall 2012 collection are already on sale online. So here I am, blogging about the new collection :}
Mango Fall 2012 catalogue. Model: Anna Selezneva
I love how the collection mixes textures (leather, tweed, knit, fur, sheer) in neutral shades. Jackets are essential for the changing season period and layering is such a fun and easy thing to do! Simply a faux fur vest matches with a chiffon blouse, or a coat with a pair of high waist trousers I’m ready to go and hang out with my friends. Shorts match with knee-high boots announces the coming of Autumn and yet still gives a hint of summer breeze.